My guest this week has a long history of running, but there have been some serious challenges along the way. Robyn Harvard has been a runner for 15 years, but in that time she’s been diagnosed with stage three breast cancer and had several injuries since her recovery. But that hasn’t stopped her from returning to running while working on both the mental and physical aspects of being a runner.
Robyn started out her running journey at the back of the pack, and it’s fair to say that she had some thoughts about always bringing up the rear. However, while she was back there, she met some amazing and supportive friends to join her along the way, and now she’s setting herself some really impressive goals to keep moving forward.
Join me this week as I interview one of our incredible and inspirational NYAR Ambassadors Robyn Harvard. We’re discussing the reality of returning to running after illness and injury, some practical tips to get you there, and how Robyn is focusing on her mindset and long-term goals to make sure she enjoys every run she embarks upon in the future.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Class opens in August 2021, so click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What Robyn’s journey as a runner looked like before joining Run Your Best Life.
- Robyn’s experience of putting on her running shoes after recovering from breast cancer.
- How this podcast and Run Your Best Life helped Robyn fall in love with running and training again.
- The thoughts about being a “real runner” that Robyn struggled with as she returned to running, despite running faster and further than ever before.
- How Robyn thinks of herself differently as a runner now than she did just a few years ago.
- What the future holds for Robyn as a runner and how she’s keeping her brain on track with longer races on the horizon.
- Robyn’s advice to anyone returning to running from an injury and what she’s doing to get back out on the road.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Robyn Harvard: Instagram | Blog
- Kennekuk Road Runners
- The Pistol Ultra Run
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!