We’ve been discussing speed work in Run Your Best Life over the month of July, and many members of the group have mentioned they only have one or two paces: regular and sprinting. Rebels, it is so important to develop the skill of confidently running at different paces, and today, I’ll be showing you the benefits of this practice and how to do it.
So many people resist doing speed work and playing with their pace because it feels harder, but nothing worth going after is going to be easy at first. Even if right now you think you have no interest in getting faster and that you’re happy running at the same pace throughout a run, today, I’m highlighting why speed work is for you too.
Listen in today to discover the power of learning to run at different paces. This includes faster and slower, which is a lot harder than you might initially think. Training yourself to run outside of your comfy zone where it feels close to effortless keeps you stuck, and I’m sharing a workout that you can practice that will help you consciously run at all kinds of paces.
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment …I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why it’s important to develop the skill of confidently running at different paces.
- The benefits of teaching yourself how to shift gears.
- How to start running faster.
- Why speed work isn’t just about learning how to run faster.
- A workout that will help you practice running at all kinds of paces.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!