The run-walk approach is a topic I’ve covered numerous times here on the podcast, and if you don’t already know why I recommend it to all my clients and why it’s so freaking awesome, check it out here. But today, I want to help all you runners – beginners and seasoned – set up your run-walk interval ratios for your best performance.
If you don’t believe me when I say run-walk intervals can help you go farther and faster, listen in close, my friends. Deliberately implementing it into my runs 20 years ago totally changed the game for me, and I’m sharing little nuggets of my own story and how it changed my perspective on training.
Tune in this week to discover how to start running with the run-walk approach! I’m giving you everything you need to know about where to start if you’re brand new at this, as well as modifications for those of you who have been running without stopping so far and want to give this a try. Experimentation is the name of the game, and I’m showing you how to use it to find the perfect balance for you.
Rebels, I want you to help me celebrate 200 episodes of this podcast! I’m challenging you to run or walk a mile on June 10th (the day the 200th episode drops), take a picture of yourself with a sign saying you’re celebrating 200 episodes of the podcast, and then post it on Instagram with #NYAR200! I’ll be collecting all the pictures and putting them into a video to celebrate with you and all the other women who have become runners since we started this show!
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Class opens in August 2021, so click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- My own experience of using the run-walk approach throughout my journey as a runner.
- What happened when I started using run-walk intervals deliberately.
- How using run-walk intervals can actually decrease your overall pace.
- My suggestions for run-walk ratios to try out.
- 2 things that you don’t want to miss doing as you start run-walk intervals.
- How your run-walk intervals should feel.
- The questions you should be asking to bring awareness to how the intervals feel in your body.
- How to experiment with and modify your run-walk ratios to find the perfect balance.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- If you have topic suggestions for our next discussion, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #4: How to Pace & Breathe for Your Best Run
- Ep #9: How to Shut Down Your Inner Mean Girl
- Ep #150: Run/Walk Intervals: Not Just for Beginners
- Half-Marathon – You Can Do It by Jeff Galloway
- Gymboss interval timer
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!