Rebels, I have a very special guest on the podcast this week! One of our Not Your Average Runner ambassadors, Elle Dee, is on the show today to share some of her wisdom around running and to give us an insight into her journey as a runner.
Like many people, Elle Dee came to running later in life and she always considered herself to be unfit and unathletic. There were many points throughout her life where she tried running and failed over and over again, until she found a community that helped her grow and start seeing herself as a runner. She has been a strong leader in our coaching groups, and I’m so excited for you to experience the joy and love she has for running, and to hear her share some nuggets of wisdom that I know you’ll find useful.
Listen in this week as Elle Dee offers up her advice for newbie runners and on how to start mentally shifting your identity from one of a non-runner to a runner. She is also sharing how joining Run Your Best Life and Rebel Runner Roadmap has helped her work on her mindset, and how, if you’re on the fence about jumping in, it’s going to be transformational for you too.
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Doors are open for enrollment now, so get in there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How Elle Dee got into running and her experience along the way.
- The benefits of having an online community.
- Elle Dee’s favorite part about running.
- Two of Elle Dee’s favorite races and the ultimate race that she would love to run.
- The thoughts that Elle Dee thinks about her races being canceled this year.
- How Run Your Best Life and Not Your Average Runner has helped Elle Dee get to where she is today.
- The mental shifts that Elle Dee has experienced from running and coaching.
- Elle Dee’s piece of advice for building your runner identity.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Follow along on Elle Dee’s running journey!
- Marine Corps Marathon
- Mercedes Marathon
- Unbreakable: The Western States 100
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!