When I teach beginners how to start running, I have them running for 15 to 30 seconds, followed by a minute of walking, repeated 10 times. And the first question I get almost every single time is, “Is that enough?”
After a request from a member of our community, we’re revisiting a topic that I covered over three years ago. So many people find it hard to wrap their heads around running for 20 seconds at a time, but my goal is to show you why consistently running in 20-second intervals will lead to amazing results on your running journey.
Tune in today as I offer my answer to the question, “Is 20 seconds of running enough?” I’m inviting you to question what “enough” means to you, the detriments of believing a 20-second interval is too short, and showing you how to identify what amount of running feels good to you.
I’m running a special Black Friday event this year! Make sure to tune into the podcast on November 25th for the big announcement, and mark your calendars for 8am on November 26th to take advantage of this exciting sale!
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why people ask me if 20 seconds of running is enough.
- My answer to this question.
- What massive action means and why it’s so powerful.
- The detriments of believing 20 seconds is too short to make a difference.
- Why thinking 20 seconds isn’t enough will lead to quitting.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #44: Is Running For 20 Seconds Enough?
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!