If you’re one of the dozens and dozens of people who have requested an episode on running after weight loss surgery, it’s your lucky day. While I’ve personally never had weight loss surgery myself, many of my clients have, so I figured the best way to get all the info you need is to bring them on the podcast.
I’m sitting down with Bethany, Megan, Carmen, Lisa, and Cindy, all of whom have had various types of weight loss surgery. Some of them were runners before their weight loss surgery, while others started running post-surgery, and they’re here to dive into some of the challenges and considerations of becoming a runner or resuming running after weight loss surgery.
Join us this week to discover my clients’ experiences of running after weight loss surgery. They’re generously giving you everything you need to know to make it a success, from what to expect post-op, the experimentation and changes they’ve had to make in their endurance fueling, and how they’ve created familiarity in their post-surgery bodies to tune into their unique needs.
If you enjoy this podcast, you have got to check out Up And Running. It’s my 30-day online program that will teach you exactly how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you have always wanted to be. Click here to learn more.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- My clients’ experiences of running after weight loss surgery.
- The differences in energy levels and stamina that they noticed post-surgery.
- Why they’ve had to make electrolyte replacements, and what they’re using now.
- How they’ve navigated their post-surgery side effects.
- The importance of staying vigilant to the signals your body is giving you.
- How they created familiarity with their body’s signals and made modifications accordingly.
- Their go-to solutions for sagging skin and chafing.
- Each client’s top piece of advice for anyone considering running after weight loss surgery.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Click here to get on the waitlist for Up and Running!
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Bethany Shields: Website | Instagram | Facebook
- Lisa Michaels: Facebook
- Megan Shelton: Instagram
- Cindy Huffman: Instagram | Facebook
- Crank Sports | e-Fuel
- Use this Crank Sports referral code: 27255
- Gatorade Zero
- Body Glide
- Nystatin topical powder
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!