Imagine this: you’re running outside, it’s vast and expansive, you’re surrounded by meadows, forests, lakes, mountains, and the coastline. This is just a teeny tiny fraction of the beauty Alaska has to offer, and there’s so much more ground to cover.
This week, I have Kim Ryals on the show. Kim is the owner and founder of Run Alaska Trails, and she’s here to talk to us about all things Alaskan running. She’s a late-onset runner and can totally relate to us Not Your Average Runners. She’s making the case for why running in Alaska should be on your bucket list, and I can guarantee you’ll be convinced by the end of the episode.
Join us on this episode as Kim entices us with the running scene in Alaska. If you’re anything like me, I know you’re going to want all the details on what to do there and what to expect, and Kim is giving us the lowdown on it all. And best of all, you’ll find out how you can make this bucket list dream a reality in 2022.
Click here to find out more information about the two retreats run by Kim happening in July 2022 that are designed especially for the Not Your Average Runner community!
The doors to Up and Running are now open for enrollment! If you want to be a runner but it feels like there’s something getting in your way, maybe you’ve tried using apps but you’ve struggled to stay motivated, click here to sign up and we’ll get you Up and Running.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What entices me most about running in Alaska.
- Some of the things you might see on a trail run in Alaska.
- Kim’s insights on who running in Alaska is for.
- What the seasons and weather are like in Alaska.
- The food you have to eat while you’re in Alaska.
- Kim’s recommendations for activities you must do.
- Why being flexible is necessary while you’re in Alaska.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Run Alaska Trails: Website | Instagram
- Running in the USA
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!