My guest this week is definitely Not Your Average Runner. Dean Karnazes is an iconic superhuman endurance runner as well as a two-time New York Times Bestseller. His accomplishments, among countless others, include running 135 miles nonstop across Death Valley, running a marathon to the South Pole, and running 50 marathons in all 50 states in 50 consecutive days.
Dean Karnazes recently released his latest book: A Runner’s High: My Life in Motion, in which he shares his stories and hard-won wisdom from three decades of running and competing across the globe. So, I thought I’d get him on the podcast so all of you can enjoy his amazing story.
Dean’s work has changed my life, and his story of personal evolution is more than mind-blowing. So, tune in this week as Dean shares with us his incredible story of becoming a runner, the adventures he’s had along the way, and why even after all this time, he doesn’t consider himself a competitive runner, which I know is something most listeners will be able to relate to.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How Dean Karnazes frames running from the viewpoint of adventure and exploration instead of just a form of exercise.
- Why viewing running as play will always bring you more joy.
- Where this amazing journey has taken Dean, both geographically and in terms of his personal evolution.
- Why age isn’t something that’s holding Dean back, even as the races get tougher.
- Dean’s practical tips for dealing with digestive issues during ultramarathons.
- Why Dean, even after all these runs, doesn’t consider himself a competitive runner, just like so many people in the NYAR community.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Dean Karnazes: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner by Dean Karnazes
- A Runner’s High: My Life in Motion by Dean Karnazes
- Run!: 26.2 Stories of Blisters and Bliss by Dean Karnazes
- The Road to Sparta: Reliving the Ancient Battle and Epic Run that Inspired the World’s Greatest Footrace by Dean Karnazes
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!