My guest this week is someone who was on the podcast almost exactly three years ago. Denny Krahe of DizRuns and host of Diz Runs Radio is a lifelong runner and someone I love quizzing on all things running. I’m so excited and honored that he’s back today to dive into everything that’s happened since we last spoke and to discuss the premise behind his book, Be Ready on Race Day.
As a running coach himself and an all-round badass in the world of running, Denny has so much wisdom to share about some of the science behind different training methods. We land similarly in our training and coaching philosophies, and today, he’s shedding some light on the difference between effort-based training and heart-rate training, and his experience of “running easy.”
Join us this week as Denny shares his take on the importance of focusing on what works for you versus trying to keep up with other people, and his experience of embracing the heart-rate training approach. The conversation doesn’t just end there though, because we’re also diving into injury prevention tips and cross-training, so you don’t want to miss this conversation!
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Class opens in August 2021, so click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What Denny’s book Be Ready on Race Day is all about.
- Denny’s philosophy on run coaching.
- The difference between effort-based training and heart-rate training.
- How Denny decides what his heart rate metrics are for various types of workouts.
- Why it’s important to have reasons for running that have nothing to do with doing well in a race.
- The thoughts that Denny had about switching training methods.
- Denny’s take on social media and the comparison game.
- How Denny defines cross-training and why it’s important to implement for injury prevention.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Denny Krahe: Website | Diz Runs Radio | Instagram | Facebook
- Be Ready on Race Day by Denny Krahe
- Ep #15: Construct Your Perfect Training Plan with Denny Krahe
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!