If you’re a plus-sized runner, you’ve likely heard that running is going to ruin your knees. Maybe you’ve experienced knee pain, gone to the doctor, and been told the only way to stop the pain is to lose weight or quit running. Well, my guest today is here to provide some other options.
Alex Ellis is a mobility coach and wellness expert who helps active, plus-sized people move smarter, maintain their bodies, and maximize their strength with customized wellness plans so they can enjoy life without pain. She helps her clients enjoy running pain-free no matter their size.
In this episode, Alex takes me on a deep dive into knee pain, knee health, and maintaining knee strength and mobility. If you’re a runner, you’re going to experience knee pain at some point, but you don’t have to stay in pain or believe the myth that weight loss is the only solution. Learn how to care for your knees, what your body is trying to tell you when it’s stiff or in pain, and how to know when you should rest or keep running.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have got to check out Up and Running. It’s my 30-day online program that will teach you how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you’ve always wanted to be. Click here to join and I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why being overweight does not cause knee pain.
- What the real underlying cause of knee pain is.
- The solution to body stiffness (it’s not more stretching).
- What dynamic stretching is and when to do it.
- How to know when you should rest and when to keep going.
- The power of having a body maintenance practice.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to get on the waitlist for Up and Running!
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Alex Ellis: Website | YouTube | Instagram | TikTok | Podcast
- Ep #28: Self-Care 101 with Body Nerd Alex Ellis
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!