For Dr. Melissa Carter, setting lofty goals and crushing them has always been the norm. She’s an honest-to-god rocket scientist, an Air Force officer turned writer, artist, leadership coach, resilience champion, and of course a runner too, and I’m so delighted to have her on the show this week.
After her 20-year dream of becoming an astronaut was shattered, she eventually rediscovered her true purpose, which was to build grounded leaders, connected humans, and powerful teams that change the world. She’s here today to talk about her book, Running the World: Marathon Memoirs from the Seven Continents, and I’m so excited for all of us to get a glimpse of the world through Melissa’s eyes.
Join us on the podcast this week as Melissa lets us in on her epic marathon adventures. Although she’s an incredible person, she too believed she wasn’t athletic or “enough” of a runner, but has since gone on to accomplish so much, and I hope this episode gives you your daily dose of inspiration and motivation to get out there.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Melissa’s experience of running marathons across seven continents.
- The background behind Melissa’s dream of becoming an astronaut and having that dream shattered.
- What Melissa has learned since being rejected from NASA’s astronaut program.
- The feeling Melissa was chasing on her pursuit of running marathons across the world.
- Melissa’s favorite race she’s run and why.
- How long it took Melissa to complete all of her marathons across seven continents.
- Why Melissa is a fan of the run-walk method.
- How Melissa integrates Human Design with her running.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Melissa Carter: Website
- Running the World: Marathon Memoirs from the Seven Continents by Melissa Carter
- Human Design
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!