Hey rebels, welcome to the first of many bonus episodes to come! I decided I’ve got too much information to share and lessons from so many experts that I realized a podcast one day a week just isn’t going to cut it anymore!
This week, I’m kicking the podcast off with Alex Ellis, the creator of AE Wellness and just an all-around cutie. Not only is she completely adorable, Alex is a self-professed body nerd and a self-care expert. Her mission in life is to understand how the body works and to help everyone feel better and move better every single day.
As runners, injuries are basically the worst thing ever. Alex explores the most common injuries we runners experience with tips on prevention, as well as treatment if you’re already in the deep end. Tune in to hear us spreading the word that self-care can be easy and fun. Alex provides some really simple ways we can look after our bodies better!
Alex dropped some seriously life-changing truth bombs on everything from small self-care tips to stretching and rest days. Her knowledge of the human body is truly jaw-dropping so get excited to try out some of her tips!
Alex is teaching a private class on July 16th where we’ll be diving deep into everything discussed today! If you want an opportunity to ask Alex any questions you might have, join now to catch her on the webinar!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Why being present is the key to self-care.
- How to pay attention to the whispers your body is signaling to you.
- Why “getting older” is not an excuse to stop whatever you’re doing.
- The number one excuse Alex sees runners making.
- Why variety is key to preventing injuries.
- How to prevent and treat plantar fasciitis.
- Alex’s free, no-tool required tip for stretching your body.
- What you can do while you’re in the throes of plantar fasciitis.
- How to roll smarter for your IT Band.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join the Run Your Best Life Coaching Group!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Alex Ellis: Website | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
- Tao Porchon-Lynch
- Body Worlds exhibition
- Alex’s e-book: 3 Fixes for IT Band Tension
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!