On the show this week, I’ve got another total badass rebel runner, Julie Fountain. Julie is a member of Run Your Best Life, and in two and a half years, she’s gone from being a sedentary cat mom who used to quit on herself frequently, to now training for her first half marathon.
Julie shares all of her accomplishments on her journey and how she overcame the negative thoughts she had around her ability to run a whole mile. She definitely did the work because she’s now part of a local running group, running basically all the time!
She gives us a little bit of insight into her training and how self-care has played a part in helping her get consistent with her weight-loss and running goals.
Tune in to hear Julie talk about her path to training for a half marathon. She is definitely a great example of what being a rebel runner entails, and I hope you find her just as inspiring as I do!
Make sure to join Run Your Best Life if you want to connect with Julie and other fabulous runners like you to get all the support you need on your running journey!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How Julie stopped quitting on herself.
- Why self-care isn’t always comfortable.
- How self-care has helped Julie be consistent.
- The thoughts Julie had that delayed her from running her first mile.
- How Julie worked her way up to a half marathon.
- Why Julie is incorporating walk breaks into her training.
- The meditative effect of running.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join the Run Your Best Life Coaching Group!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Julie’s Instagram
- Heroes Run
- From Fat to Finish Line
- From Fat to Finish Line Facebook community
- Couch to 5K
- Hot Chocolate 15K
- Skirt Sports
- Sparkle Skirts
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!