When you think of self-care for runners, the first things that usually come to mind run the gamut from weekly sports massages, acupuncture, and ice baths, to personalized electrolyte mixes. These things are definitely on the list, but there are more vital things you may not be thinking about, and this is what we’re diving into today.
The reality is that practicing self-care isn’t particularly sexy or fun, and it sometimes requires extra effort, so, it’s no surprise it gets left by the wayside by many runners. However, self-care is powerful and can really make a difference in your running experience, so it’s time to flip the script in your brain and make it simple by focusing on three must-do self-care items.
Join me this week to discover my top three must-do self-care tips so you can keep mentally and physically fit to run and enjoy it. You’ll learn why self-care isn’t just about the physical side of things, and how to create a plan so your running game is on point, no matter the obstacles that may come your way.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have got to check out Up and Running. It’s my 30-day online program that will teach you how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you’ve always wanted to be. Enrollment is open right now and class starts September 20th, 2022. I won’t be teaching this class again until summer 2023, so get signed up today!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why, despite self-care being incredibly powerful, it often gets left behind.
- How to flip the script in your mind about the importance of prioritizing self-care.
- The 3 primary areas of self-care.
- What mental self-care for runners means, and why it’s the most important thing to take care of.
- 3 must-do items to focus on when it comes to your physical self-care.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Click here to get on the waitlist for Up and Running!
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Ep #33: How to Coach Yourself
- Ep #258: How to Stay Accountable to Your Training Plan
- Why We Sleep by Michael Walker
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!