If you’ve been around for a while, you know how much I love and advocate the run-walk strategy. It provides a multitude of benefits that will help you become a better runner. Most of you already understand that it’s a good idea and practice it, but there’s still a lot of pushback.
Today, I’m addressing the mental discomfort I see many of my clients struggle with when they practice run-walk intervals. If you feel self-conscious about being seen stopping to walk during your run and spin out in your mind about what someone else must think, this episode is for you.
I’m identifying some beliefs you might be holding on to about what implementing a run-walk strategy means, and some replacement beliefs that will serve you so much better in your running. Your embarrassment or shame about stopping to walk doesn’t have anything to do with the actual strategy you’re using, and I want you to know that it’s up to you to change it.
If you have ever wanted to get your questions answered by me or get some coaching on something you’re struggling with, it’s your lucky day. I’m doing a free coaching webinar on August 21st at noon Eastern. All you have to do is sign up here and we’ll email you all the information on how to join!
I encourage all of you to try to make it live if possible and I’ll be doing something special for those of you there, but if you can’t make it, don’t worry! Once you sign up, you’ll get instructions on how to submit questions in advance and there will be a replay too. See you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The model I’ve been using to practice not procrastinating.
- What I’ve been doing to keep myself on schedule.
- How run-walk intervals can make you a better runner.
- Why we sometimes feel self-conscious about doing run-walk intervals.
- Some unhelpful beliefs you might be holding on to about run-walk intervals.
- Why your run-walk strategy is not the problem.
- New beliefs about run-walking that will serve you better.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Half Marathon course
- Ep #103: How to Stop Procrastinating Your Runs
- OOFOS recovery sandals
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!