Rebels, I’m devoting this episode to talk about my latest obsession, which is the book, The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks. If you’ve noticed that when things get really good in one area of your life, another starts to fall apart, or if you’re working towards a goal and doing really well, but at the last minute fall short of getting there, this book is for you.
We’ve all been there, right? Or we at least can identify it in the people around us because it can be kind of hard to see it in ourselves. Things just happen unexpectedly or it’s bad luck, right? What I’ll be exploring is the author’s concept of your upper limit and how we create barriers to our own happiness and fulfillment.
This seriously blew my mind and I can’t wait for you to listen and assess how you might be doing the same in your life. It might sound a little crazy at first that we would do this to ourselves, but really understanding how and why is going to change everything.Sometimes we just cling to our idea that something is not possible for us and we literally argue in favor of our limitation. Click To Tweet
If your upper limit problem is related to running and you want some help getting beyond it, just sign up for a quick consult with my team to learn more about how we can help you!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Why we find it hard to stick to our resolutions.
- How to identify patterns of self-sabotage.
- Gay Hendricks’ definition of “upper limit.”
- Why we like to argue in favor of our self-limiting beliefs.
- One question that will help you see if you’re getting in your own way.
- How I assessed my own upper limit problem to see what was holding me back.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
- Ep #33: How to Coach Yourself
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!