I have a very special human on today’s podcast. I’m giddy with excitement to introduce to all of you Roslyn Mays, AKA Roz The Diva. Roz isn’t a runner, but she is an athlete and the world needs more athletes like her. So, if you got picked last in gym, Roz is here to offer you a place on Team Diva.
Roz has been doing fitness as her full-time career for the past eight years, and pole dancing is her primary sport, but she says, “If it’s heavy and somebody can lift it, then I want to lift it.” Her inclusive approach has her working with plus-size women, people with disabilities, and an extensive list of other non-traditional athletes.
Tune in this week to discover what really makes someone an athlete and Roz’s inclusive approach to training her clients. We’re discussing how Roz fell in love with pole dancing, and the empowerment and confidence that is available through pole. We’re talking sex appeal and respectful objectification, and how to own all of it.
Big things are afoot over here at Not Your Average Runner. The Rebel Runner Roadmap is changing her name! It starts with the next class, which is open for registration on March 30th and it’s still going to have all of the awesome content and community that I know you love. Only now, she’s going to be called Up and Running, because that’s what you’re going to be when you join this program.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why Roz never saw herself having a career in fitness.
- Where the fitness industry has left so many people with a limited view of what makes an athlete.
- How Roz adapts to help women with non-traditional bodies pole dance like a badass.
- Roz’s definition of what makes you an athlete.
- How Roz fell in love with pole dancing and why she recommends everyone tries it, especially if you have a negative body image.
- Why pole dancing isn’t something we do for the pleasure of men anymore, and where the sex appeal really comes from.
- The importance that Roz places on inclusivity and representation in how she operates as a coach and trainer.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Roz The Diva: Website | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon
- Check Out Roz in Dangerous Curves
- Awakenings Pole Fitness
- Fitbit Premium
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!