This week, we’re diving into a topic everyone can relate to – our inner mean girl. She’s the negative voice in our head that makes us feel like crap by telling us that we’re too fat, too slow, or too whatever. Even when other people compliment us, our inner mean girl steps in to tell us they’re wrong. But fear not; because I’m telling you why it doesn’t have to be this way.
I want to share with you why we hear our inner mean girl so loudly, as well as what you can do to tame her for good by wielding full control of your brain and body. Tune in and learn how we can squash our inner mean girl by using three simple steps I’ve prepared to ensure she is a problem no more.
On a lighter note, I’m also going to show you how to use the Runkeeper app to set custom intervals for your workout. I’ve prepared a walkthrough, as well as downloadable PDF files to help you utilize this wonderful tool for your runs.
If you want even more support on your journey to learning to run, or improving your run, join the Run Your Best Life Coaching Group! We are going to do some serious work – on your running and your whole life!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Three steps to shut down your inner mean girl.
- Why we hear our inner mean girl.
- Why our inner mean girl is not necessarily a jerk.
- How thinking differently can change a result, even after a race.
- How to use Runkeeper to design custom workouts.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join the Run Your Best Life Coaching Group!
- Runkeeper App
- Runkeeper Tutorial for iOS
- Runkeeper Tutorial for Android
- Episode 8 – How To Overcome Your First Marathon With Jane Lamplough
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!