I have a long-awaited guest for you on the show this week: Sierra Swofford. Last time she was here, we discussed her preparation for a 100-mile trail race, and now we’re six months down the road and she’s deep into her training. So, I’ve asked her to come back so we can check-in and see how she’s getting on with this long-range goal she set for herself.
Sierra’s journey up to this point has involved losing 140 pounds and entering into races, but running a 100-mile ultra was always going to make her step it up. And she’s here to share what this process has looked like so far with a few months remaining before the big day.
Tune in this week for some serious inspiration. Sierra is sharing how she suffered an injury almost immediately after the last time we heard from her, and how she’s working through it physically and mentally so she can reach the start line in the best shape possible. Sierra has also left her job and joined Run Your Best Life as a coach, so she’s talking us through that experience as well.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Class opens in September 2021, so click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why Sierra (like so many people) was a little reluctant to seek help when she realized she had an injury.
- How Sierra has worked on her mindset around this big injury setback at the start of her training.
- Why you should always seek a second opinion if a doctor or PT tells you that running isn’t a good idea for you.
- How Sierra has dealt with the significant races she has entered so far in preparation for her 100-mile ultra.
- What the next 10 months have in store for Sierra as the start line approaches.
- The incredible work that Sierra is doing with the members inside of Run Your Best Life.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Sierra Swofford: Instagram | Facebook | YouTube
- Ep #172: Sierra Swofford is Training for a 100-Mile Ultra
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!