Are you guys ready to be inspired? My guest this week, Sierra Swofford, has set herself a truly monumental goal. I was so blown away by the sheer audacity of her goal that I just had to get her on the podcast to pick her brain about how she’s getting her mind and body right for this one.
Sierra is planning to run a 36-hour 100-mile race that takes place in just 18 months. Her journey so far has been incredible enough, having lost 140 pounds, finishing races, and so much more. But this challenge is going to require something else. And she’s here today to share what that is.
Tune in this week to discover why Sierra has decided that now is the time she wants to run 100 miles. Sierra is sharing how she is preparing for this challenge, both mentally and physically, and she has the perfect advice to share with anyone wanting to undertake a similar challenge for themselves. So whether your next goal is 5K or 100 miles, she has something for everyone.
If you’re just starting out on your running journey or getting back into it after some time off, I want you to sign up for my free 30-day Running Start Kit. Just click here to sign up, and make sure to share it with anyone else who could use it!
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment …I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why Sierra decided to take on this goal of running a 100-mile ultra.
- How Sierra’s brain reacted to this monumental goal she set for herself.
- Which aspects of this goal Sierra thinks will be the biggest challenges.
- What Sierra is working on right now to prepare for this race in 18 months.
- How Sierra makes sure she sticks to her plans, without getting caught up in perfectionism.
- What being bold means to Sierra and how she is embodying boldness for this race.
- Sierra’s advice for anyone who is thinking about taking on a new challenge, whether it’s 100 miles or a 5K.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Finding Ultra by Rich Roll
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!