If you’ve been listening here for a while, you’ll be aware that our incredible Sierra Swofford is running a 100-mile Ultra. Well, you guys, the day has finally arrived, and Sierra is here to talk us through the race weekend she’s been training for over the past two years!
This wasn’t a case of just driving to the start line and doing the thing. So much prep went into this experience and there were a ton of moving parts, preparing clothes, water, and food. But despite all the planning, things were even more intense after an injury scare the day before the race itself, and how Sierra dealt with this unexpected blow, and everything else she faced this race weekend, is a true inspiration.
If you want some insight into the how-to of participating in a 100-mile Ultra, you’re in the right place. Sierra is back for an update on how her preparation played out when it was finally time for race day, and how she dealt with the curveballs that were thrown her way after she arrived in Utah for the race.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have got to check out Up and Running. It’s my 30-day online program that will teach you how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you’ve always wanted to be. Click here to join and I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How Sierra organized her support team for the big race.
- What Sierra’s final few days of prep looked like after arriving in Utah for the race.
- How Sierra’s story went from one person running 100 miles, to a whole community stepping up and banding together.
- Where Sierra decided to have her pacers situated to join her in the race.
- Sierra’s experience of having a calf muscle injury the day before the race, and deciding to race.
- Why you can prepare as much as you like, but you have to be willing to deal with the unexpected.
- How Sierra created what she describes as the most amazing experiences she’ll ever have, despite multiple setbacks.
- What’s next for Sierra, what she’s working on, and how she’s preparing for her next challenge.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to get on the waitlist for Up and Running!
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Sierra Swofford: Instagram | Facebook | YouTube
- Ep #172: Sierra Swofford is Training for a 100-Mile Ultra
- Ep #208: Sierra Swofford’s 100-Mile Ultra: How It’s Going
- Ep #238: Sierra Swofford’s 100-Mile Ultra: Race Day Preparation
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!