I am joined by the incredible Sierra Swofford on this episode and she is back to update us on her 100-mile trail race journey. Race day is now on the horizon, and she’s here to tell us how the last 16 months of training have gone and to let us in on her preparations now that she’s just over two months away from the big day.
Sierra is going to be our first Run Your Best Life member to run a 100-mile race, and we could not be prouder. Her journey up to this point has involved losing 140 pounds and entering into races, but running a 100-mile ultra was always going to require her to step it up. And that’s exactly what she’s done.
Join us this week as Sierra walks us through the last steps of her preparation. She’s been pushing herself for months in training, and now she’s here to discuss fueling strategies, finishing within the cut-off time, having the right gear, and coping with being awake and running for 100 miles.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How Sierra is dealing with a fear of failure around running this ultra.
- The most surprising things that Sierra has discovered on her training journey.
- What’s going on in Sierra’s mind now the big race is only a little over two months away.
- How Sierra is planning her run-walk intervals for the race and why some walking is a non-negotiable for every competitor.
- Why Sierra believes her crew is the backbone of her race and how they’re assisting her on race day.
- How Sierra is practicing for running on the unique terrain of the desert.
- The time limit Sierra is working within this race and how she’s handling the pressure to finish on time.
- How Sierra is preparing to fuel herself throughout her ultra.
- Where you can get a behind-the-scenes glimpse into Sierra’s training and the big race itself.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Sierra Swofford: Instagram | Facebook | YouTube
- Ep #172: Sierra Swofford is Training for a 100-Mile Ultra
- Ep #208: Sierra Swofford’s 100-Mile Ultra: How It’s Going
- Tailwind Grab-and-Go Endurance Fuel
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!