Runners, I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am for today’s episode. I am joined by the one and only Jayne Williams, author of Slow Fat Triathlete and literally the human being that, if it were not for her writing that book, I wouldn’t have done my first triathlon, my first half-marathon, or even my first podcast.
Jayne Williams has led an incredibly interesting life that’s taken her all over the world, and while she is no longer a triathlete, she’s here to discuss the book that I believe kicked off the fat athlete movement that is so prevalent today, and how her life has evolved since it was released way back in 2004.
Tune in this week for a conversation with the inspirational Jayne Williams. Jayne is walking us through writing her groundbreaking book, why she never could have predicted the impact it would make on people like me, and we’re going deep into how the landscape has changed when it comes to fat activism and body positivity, and the power of being out there living your life as an unapologetic, open person, whoever you are.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have got to check out Up and Running. It’s my 30-day online program that will teach you how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you’ve always wanted to be. Click here to join and I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How I found Jayne’s book Slow Fat Triathlete and how it profoundly impacted my life.
- Why Jayne decided to write Slow Fat Triathlete during a time when she was personally in the grip of diet culture.
- The amazing story of how Slow Fat Triathlete came to be published.
- Why Jayne would change some of the messaging in her book around dieting if she got the chance to revise it.
- Jayne’s thoughts on fat activism and body positivity, and some of the attitude shifts we’re happy to see in the world.
- Why we can all be activists in our own life just by living authentically and showing up as who we are.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Click here to get on the waitlist for Up and Running!
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Jayne Williams: Facebook | Email | Instagram
- Slow Fat Triathlete: Live Your Athletic Dreams in the Body You Have Now by Jayne Williams
- Jayne’s Band: Dirt Rakers
- Ragen Chastain: Dances with Fat
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!