I’ve been working with some clients recently on planning for their goals in 2023. But we can’t have a conversation about goals without talking about failure, what it means to us as runners and humans, and why we’re so scared of failing. So, this week, I’m asking you a simple question: you’ve f*$@ed up, now what?
I know you’re failing all over the place right now because you’re human, and while all of us are amazing and fabulous, we’re also messy and imperfect. I’m already proud of you, so this episode isn’t about doing better, but it is about why we need to stop pretending that we’re not going to mess up and fail once in a while.
Tune in this week to discover what to do when you’ve f*$@ed up. I’m sharing why real success never happens on the first try, why not acknowledging this reality is stopping so many people from doing incredible things, and how to get clear on where your beliefs about failure are holding you back.
If you could guarantee your success in training for a half marathon by doing just one thing, would you do it? Well, I have just the thing and it’s called Run Your Best Life. This is the training program where you’ll have multiple coaches, a fantastic community, and endless resources to support you along the way. Run Your Best Life is now open to all women who want to get running, so hop on in!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How so many runners truly believe that failure is a bad thing and that they should be embarrassed and ashamed.
- Why success is impossible without some level of failure.
- How the belief that failure needs to be avoided stops so many people from doing new and amazing things.
- Where the pain that we associate with failure really comes from.
- The goal I’m setting for myself in 2023, and how I’m expecting to fail along the way.
- How to use failure as an opportunity to learn, grow, and work towards something you thought you couldn’t do.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to get on the waitlist for Up and Running!
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Ep #121: Philly Marathon Recap
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!