I’ve got a treat for you this week. Coach Elle Dee from the Run Your Best Life program is here to talk about her solo running summer adventure in Alaska. After joining our Alaskan retreat over the summer, she turned it into a two-month US adventure; her stories are amazing, and I knew we needed to get her on the podcast and unpack all of it.
Elle Dee traveled by herself for weeks to unfamiliar lands, learning a ton about solo running in the process. She made the epic drive from Alabama to Alaska and back, stopping here and there in both directions. Very little went exactly according to plan, and she had some unique experiences just on her journey to our Alaskan retreat.
Tune in this week to hear Elle Dee’s running lessons from two months on the road. She’s sharing the desires behind undertaking this incredible voyage and the problems she faced just on the drive to Alaska, as well as going deep into everything she learned about running while on the retreat itself.
Up and Running is opening up in September 2023! Keep your eyes and ears open for more details.
If you could guarantee your success in training for a half marathon by doing just one thing, would you do it? Well, I have just the thing and it’s called Run Your Best Life. This is the training program where you’ll have multiple coaches, a fantastic community, and endless resources to support you along the way. Run Your Best Life is now open to all women who want to get running, so hop on in! Throughout August 2023, we’re running a body confidence class, so NOW is an amazing time to join!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What this epic trip taught Elle Dee about walking and running in snowy conditions.
- How the preparation we did in Run Your Best Life served Elle Dee on her journey.
- The most challenging conditions Elle Dee faced on the drive from Alabama to Alaska.
- What we have planned for our 2024 retreat.
- Why Elle Dee believes time is our most valuable currency.
- What Elle loved about the Alaskan retreat experience.
- Elle Dee’s advice for anyone who wants to make a journey like hers.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Elle Dee: Instagram
- Out and Back: A Runner’s Story of Survival Against All Odds by Hillary Allen
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!