Earlier this summer, I made the conscious decision to take a couple of months off from running and to get back into it at the end of August. But even though I had a plan, I still had all the mind drama about starting over again, which means it was no surprise that I didn’t start when I intended to.
I have now officially started again, and I’ve curated an in-depth process for getting back into a running routine that I’m sharing with you today. We all stew in shitty thoughts about how our fitness levels won’t be the same after a break, or that running is just going to suck, but these tips I’m outlining here are going to help you get some traction in your life, without all the mind drama taking up your time and energy.
Join me this week to learn about my personal three-step process for getting back into a running routine after a break. Getting into a terrible headspace that keeps you stuck doesn’t have to be part and parcel of starting an exercise routine again, and I hope this process helps you go forth in a way that serves you.
If you’re just starting out on your running journey or getting back into it after some tie off, I want you to sign up for my free 30-day Running Start Kit. Just click here to sign up, and make sure to share it with anyone else who could use it!
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment …I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- My three-step process for getting back into a running routine after a break.
- How to separate story from fact and get really clear on data.
- Why trying to create a perfect workout plan doesn’t work.
- How comparing your pre-break and post-break performance doesn’t serve you.
- Why perfectionism is so attractive, and why it sets you up for quitting.
- The importance of using forward-looking language.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!