We’ve been discussing the importance of consistency on the podcast over the last few weeks, and today, I’m diving into one thing that makes consistency pretty much impossible. I’ve made a lot of excuses throughout my life when it comes to exercise, and if you’re not getting the results you want from your running, I’ll bet you’re doing the same.
Making excuses can feel legit at times, and you might believe that your circumstances are getting in the way of your running. There will inevitably be things that are out of your control, but this week, I’m inviting you to question whether you’re really cool with sacrificing your wellbeing and health for a couple of bullshit stories about why you can’t run.
Listen in this week as I show you what it means to truly own your results and how you can start doing this. You always lose out when you believe your excuses, and I’m sharing the work required to take responsibility for yourself and how doing this will turn you into an unstoppable badass.
I’m doing a one-off virtual online class on becoming someone who exercises consistently called Not Your Average Workout: How to Start Today and Stick with It for Life! My goal for you in this class is to help you create a realistic workout routine for yourself that you can actually stick to, along with learning all the tools I share! If you want to create an identity for yourself as an exerciser and deal with the tantrums in your brain, you need to come check it out.
The class is on August 23rd from noon to 3pm Eastern time. It’s only $39, so click here to join and I can’t wait to see you there!
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment …I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why making excuses is often a lose-lose situation.
- The difference between someone who exercises consistently and someone who skips their workouts.
- How to start owning your results.
- Why you need to be on the lookout for your toddler brain acting up.
- The good news about taking responsibility for yourself.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #157: How to Disaster-Proof Your Running
- Follow my cats on Instagram!
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!