“I can do hard things.” How many of you use this mantra? Whether it’s in relation to running or anything else in your life, I know I’ve used it myself and even taught it here on the podcast. I’ve had a realization, though, that this just might not be the best way to do hard shit, and I’m about to destroy this mantra today.
We like feeling like a warrior, like a badass who can do anything, even if it’s hard. But what if something being hard isn’t a fact at all? If you’re someone who finds joy in battling through the challenging things, keep it. But for most of us, thinking of something as being hard brings up emotions of frustration and stress, and will probably result in quitting early.
So this week, I want to challenge all of you to look at your own life and identify where you might be saying that doing something is hard and really question why you believe that to be true. I’m showing you how taking a new stance on anything you’re trying to achieve could propel your success and have you feeling empowered all the way to the end.
I have a super exciting new program coming out later this month! It’s called The Rebel Runner Roadmap and it’s a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there.
We are giving the first people who sign up four extra bonuses, so you definitely want to be on the waitlist to be notified when we open up the doors. Check it out here and I can’t wait to see you in there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why using the mantra, “I can do hard things,” might be the most inefficient way to manage your brain.
- What we really mean when we say something is hard.
- How you could show up differently if you believed something was easy.
- A new way to start thinking about a race you are training for.
- How you might be suffering ahead of time by believing doing something is hard.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Garmin Running Dynamics Pod
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!