We recently had a mindset coaching call inside Run Your Best Life where we discussed how most people in the running world are focused on pace. It’s common for runners to prioritize getting faster and setting personal records (PRs), and if you currently hold the prevailing mentality that faster equals better, you’re not alone.
However, if you’re feeling disappointed or discouraged because it seems like you’re not getting any faster, and you interpret it as a lack of progress, listen in. We are socialized to believe that winning is the ultimate goal, not just in running, but in life. The truth is there are numerous ways to assess your running performance, and pace is just one aspect.
Tune in this week to discover why stressing about your running pace is entirely optional, how it hinders your ability to truly enjoy the sport of running, and my top recommendations for shifting your perspective on the pain and suffering your pace might be causing you right now.
No holiday would be complete without a sale, so from June 7th to 9th 2023, I’m offering a huge discount on a year of Run Your Best Life. It’s normally $49 a month, but in honor of Global Fat Running Day, you can sign up for a full year for only $390 which is a savings of $200. Click here to grab this amazing sale right now!
If you could guarantee your success in training for a half marathon by doing just one thing, would you do it? Well, I have just the thing and it’s called Run Your Best Life. This is the training program where you’ll have multiple coaches, a fantastic community, and endless resources to support you along the way. Run Your Best Life is now open to all women who want to get running, so hop on in!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What might be preventing you from truly enjoying the sport of running.
- How we’re taught to believe that the only way to improve is to be faster.
- 2 reasons humans are focused on competition and winning.
- What happens when we pin feeling good about running to our pace.
- How to stop stressing about your running pace.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Dopey Challenge
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!