I recently sat down with Christine Chessman of the Find Your Strong Podcast to talk about my favorite topic ever: running. Find Your Strong is a podcast that encourages you to ditch the diet, find movement you love, and build strength in the skin you’re in. You already know I absolutely loved this conversation with Christine.
Thanks to diet culture, women over the age of 35 are deprioritizing strength training in favor of the calorie burn, and I was no stranger to this at the beginning of my running journey either. For those of us in larger bodies, there are so many myths and misinformation out there that instruct us to not run, or tell us we can’t be runners, and it’s time to bust the BS.
Tune in this week as Christine quizzes me on my running journey, and why there is truly no wrong way to approach the sport of running. We are sharing our thoughts on the Couch to 5K program, how we’ve been conditioned to use exercise against ourselves, and my top tips for building a sustainable and truly joyful practice of movement.
If you could guarantee your success in training for a half marathon by doing just one thing, would you do it? Well, I have just the thing and it’s called Run Your Best Life. This is the training program where you’ll have multiple coaches, a fantastic community, and endless resources to support you along the way. Run Your Best Life is now open to all women who want to get running, so hop on in!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- My overarching why for what I do in the world.
- The myths and misinformation that exist in the world about running.
- Our thoughts on why the Couch to 5K program isn’t accessible to most people.
- How to actually build progression with your running.
- Why there is no wrong way to approach the sport of running.
- How we’ve been programmed to use exercise as a punishment or requirement to have a “healthy” lifestyle.
- Why adherence to a training plan is not a moral victory.
- My top tips for building an exercise routine.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Christine Chessman: Website | Instagram | Facebook | Podcast
- The Problem with Couch to 5k with Jill Angie | Find Your Strong Podcast
- Ep #290: Couch to 5K Program Review
- Garmin Connect app
- Oura Ring
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!