Who can relate to buying some gym equipment in the hopes that it gets you working out consistently, only to realize you’ve maybe used it once or twice, and now you’ve got random items piled on top of it? If you’re raising your hand right now, you’re in the right place, my friends.
Creating consistency is something we’re all trying to work towards, whether in relation to running or anything else, but there are some pretty big mistakes most people make that leads to them thinking they’re weak, a failure, and that the habit they’re trying to build is never going to be in the cards for them. And if this is you, I want you to know that this is not a dead-end.
Jen, Elle Dee, and I are hanging out this week to talk about consistency. We’re addressing the most common mistakes people make in an attempt to build a habit, why you might be struggling, and we’re also sharing the strategies we employ to set ourselves up for success when our excuses for staying in bed inevitably come up.
I know so many of us struggle to stay consistent when it comes to our exercise routines. So, on April 11th I’m doing a half-day workshop on how to stay consistent with exercise. I’m teaching you why this is so difficult and what you can do to change it, all for just $39. And if you’re busy that day, don’t worry because I will be providing the replay via email later that night. Click here to join and I will see you there!
If you enjoy listening to this show, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s a 30-day online program that will teach you exactly how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you’ve always wanted to be. Our next session starts on April 11th. If you want 2021 to be your year to become a runner, come join us and I can’t wait to meet you in there!
If you’re just starting out on your running journey or getting back into it after some time off, I want you to sign up for my free 30-day Running Start Kit. Just click here to sign up, and make sure to share it with anyone else who could use it!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The most common mistake people make when they’re trying to create consistency.
- Why investing in external things won’t be the catalyst to creating a habit.
- The best tool you have to create consistency.
- Why you first need a strategy in place for the tools you invest in to build consistency.
- One key indicator that you’re looking for an external tool to be your solution.
- Strategies we employ to keep ourselves consistent with exercise.
- How to set yourself up for success.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have topic suggestions for our next discussion, email us at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!