This podcast has been a wild ride. When I started this podcast almost six years ago, I could not have predicted where the show would be today or how far we have come. And here we are, celebrating 300 episodes! You have been a significant part of my evolution by listening to the podcast, and I am grateful for your support.
I have gone through quite an evolution, and I am sharing my journey on this episode. In 2018, I still believed that fat was a terrible thing to be, but now, I am completely comfortable as a fat woman living in a fatphobic society, and I’m sharing the role this podcast played in that evolution.
Join me this week as I share how I have evolved over the 300 episodes of this podcast and why fatphobia no longer lives rent-free in my brain. Initially, I thought this show was going to be about helping plus-size women start running, but the more I have shown up, the more it has become a voice for fat women who resist the belief that being fat is bad. I am excited to see what the next 300 episodes hold for us.
As a small token of appreciation to you as we celebrate 300 episodes of the podcast, I have partnered with Skirt Sports to do a giveaway of a $300 gift card that you can use for anything on their site! The entry period is from May 11th to 15th 2023, so enter to win by clicking here! We also have a 30% off discount code just for podcast listeners: NYAR30 that you can use from May 11th 2023 through to the 18th!
If you could guarantee your success in training for a half marathon by doing just one thing, would you do it? Well, I have just the thing and it’s called Run Your Best Life. This is the training program where you’ll have multiple coaches, a fantastic community, and endless resources to support you along the way. Run Your Best Life is now open to all women who want to get running, so hop on in!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why I don’t blame anyone in my life that helped me create the belief that being fat is shameful.
- How internalized fatphobia contributes to the self-loathing fat people experience.
- Why it makes perfect sense if you have constant thoughts about going on a diet.
- The reason I’m working on rewriting and reissuing my book.
- How talking to you every single week through this podcast has changed my life.
- The surprising lessons I’ve learned from my 300-episode evolution.
- One of the best things that has come from the work I’ve done on my beliefs about being fat.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!