We’re going back to basics today, Rebels. We’ve been focusing lately on consistency and not quitting, and I’ve been offering ideas to you about how to keep coming back to exercise. But something I hear a lot sounds something along the lines of, “I want to become a runner, but I just hate running.”
So, on this episode, I’m helping you get started as a runner. It’s way easier than you might think right now, and my goal is to demystify the world of running to help you improve your own running experience. Running is a skill that – believe it or not – is in your genetics and something you’ve been able to do since you could walk, and I’m guiding you through the first steps in making it a practice.
Join me on the podcast this week as I help you refine the basic skills you already have so you can truly love running and feel like the badass you are. I’m showing you why my approach to running differs from other coaches or running apps, and the 3 most common mistakes beginner runners make so you can avoid feeling defeated before you’ve even begun.
The next Rebel Runner Roadmap class is starting up on September 13th! The Roadmap is a 30-day online group class where I teach you all the basics of running to get you loving your experience, so click here to register and I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why you might think you hate running right now.
- My approach to running and why it differs from most other coaches or running apps.
- One common thought about running that has you feel defeated before you’ve even begun.
- The 3 most common mistakes that beginner runners make.
- How to refine the basic skills you already have.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!