After some time off from training and running while rehabbing some injuries, I just ran my comeback race this past weekend. I had a lot of thoughts about the sensations I was experiencing and my inner mean girl definitely came out to play. The only difference between me and someone who might quit when this happens is I was able to turn it around.
A lot of people think of the physical training it takes to run a race, however long the distance. Without running the miles, it’s unlikely you’ll succeed. That said, too many people don’t realize there is actually a much more important muscle you need to be strengthening and training in order to get to the finish line.
Join me this week to discover what you could be training that will make a huge difference to your runs. Stay tuned to hear about an amazing run-cation, retreat, boot camp we’re running in Savannah. You are not going to want to miss this one!
We are doing a run-cation and brain boot camp in Savannah from October 31st to November 3rd. We’re going to work your brain and your body, we’re going to have tons of fun, and you get to run a race of your choice at the end in the Savannah Rock ‘n’ Roll race series! Enell is going to be there doing bra fittings and coach Jen will be there doing a fueling demo. It’s going to be awesome, so I hope to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How my first half marathon went after taking over a year off.
- What started to happen when I stopped suffering during the half marathon.
- Why there is no upside to thinking something is too hard or being a perfectionist about it.
- What suffering really is and why it’s always optional.
- How to get through your runs without suffering or quitting.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Bird-in-Hand Half Marathon
- Birthday cake flavored GU
- Ep #33: How to Coach Yourself
- Skirt Sports (use code NYAR20 for 20% off your purchase!)
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!