If you are struggling to keep to your workout routine or tasks on your calendar, whether it’s running related or not, this episode is for you. Today, I’m breaking down the real reason your mojo has faded and I’m going to help you get back on track to get what you want.
I’ve personally been struggling to stick to my strength training goals, and I should say that everybody faces this issue every now and again. You’ll find all the reasons for not doing a particular thing you have scheduled on your calendar, and everything just feels hard, right? I’m covering what emotion it is that’s driving your inaction, and how to stop indulging in it to create more room for motivation.
Listen in this week as I also share what we’ll be covering in the half marathon course coming up really soon! If you’ve got a big race lined up in the coming months, this episode is going to be super helpful to get your brain and butt in line to reach your goals.
If you’ve been holding out for half marathon training in the Run Your Best Life group, now is the time to sign up! We start the half marathon training on July 15th and it runs all the way to the very end of October! This class is perfect for both beginners and more experienced runners so get in there now!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- What we’ll be covering in the half marathon course.
- Why self-pity and motivation never work together.
- What I do when I find myself resisting a task that I need to do to get to my goals.
- How indulging in self-pity makes it harder to motivate yourself to do things differently.
- Thoughts that will create determination and give you motivation.
- The “purple scribble dress” method for when you’re feeling pitiful.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram – watch my Day in the Life story!
- Half Marathon course
- Ep #33: How to Coach Yourself
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!