It’s officially been one year since the worldwide pandemic shutdown, and I for one most definitely did not think we’d still be here in 2021 with no live races on the horizon. A topic I addressed early on when the pandemic got real was around what to do when your races get canceled, but now that it’s been a full year, I think it’s time we came up with a longer-term plan.
I’ve been receiving questions from many of you with concerns about how to train when you don’t have any races on the calendar. Sure, virtual races have been a nice replacement, but they’re not quite the same as being in-person, and some of you may be feeling unmotivated and bored by the prospect of not having a specific future goal to work towards.
Tune in this week as I share the two main concerns I’ve been seeing runners having with the lack of races, and what to do about it. Just because you don’t have any races coming up does not mean this time has to go to waste, and I’m sharing some suggestions for how to best use this break period to your advantage.
If you enjoy listening to this show, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s a 30-day online program that will teach you exactly how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you’ve always wanted to be. Our next session starts on April 11th. If you want 2021 to be your year to become a runner, come join us and I can’t wait to meet you in there!
If you’re just starting out on your running journey or getting back into it after some time off, I want you to sign up for my free 30-day Running Start Kit. Just click here to sign up, and make sure to share it with anyone else who could use it!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The 2 main concerns runners have with no races on their calendars.
- Why taking time away from training could be beneficial.
- How to use your time between now and when you start your training plan.
- What you can do in this off-season from running.
- How I help my clients plan their training when they have future races.
- Why the lack of races is not the problem.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have topic suggestions for our next discussion, email us at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #143: Your Race was Canceled, Now What? How to Get Past the Disappointment
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!