Fall is in full swing here in Philadelphia, which means it’s the perfect time to get running. Fall also happens to be peak half marathon season, which means everyone is talking about their upcoming races and I’m getting a lot of questions from new runners asking if they’re ready to start training for their first half marathon.
The great news is that training for a half marathon is totally possible for almost any runner. Ensuring the best race day experience is just a matter of doing all the right things that will keep your body in peak running form, and I’m diving into everything from the training and the logistics of fitting your training in, to your reasons for wanting to train in the first place.
Join me this week as I share the brutal reality of training for a half marathon. You’ll hear how to identify if you’re ready to train, what to expect during the training period, the dangers of approaching your training before you’re ready, the importance of having a support group in place, and how to create the appropriate plan for you.
If you could guarantee your success in training for a half marathon by doing just one thing, would you do it? Well, I have just the thing and it’s called Run Your Best Life. This is the training program where you’ll have multiple coaches, a fantastic community, and endless resources to support you along the way. Run Your Best Life is now open to all women who want to get running, so hop on in!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How to know if you’re ready to train for a half marathon.
- The criteria for physical readiness and mental readiness.
- Why you have to be both physically and mentally ready to train for a half marathon.
- What to expect during your training period.
- The right reasons and wrong reasons to train for a half marathon.
- How to get your mind rock solid for training.
- The dangers of approaching training for a half marathon in the wrong way or before you’re ready.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Click here to get on the waitlist for Up and Running!
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!