One of the most common questions I receive from folks who want to try Up and Running is, “Can I do this program on a treadmill?” The answer is a resounding yes, but I realized it’s been a hot minute since I last dedicated a podcast episode to discussing treadmill techniques and tips, and I’m excited to dive into it with you today.
Opinions on running on the treadmill truly run the gamut. Some call it the “dreadmill,” some will use it if there’s no other option, and some only feel comfortable and confident running indoors on a treadmill. Whichever camp you currently fall into, the treadmill is a piece of equipment that’s totally worth learning to master, and I’m showing you how.
Join me this week to learn how to master the basics of running on a treadmill. I’m covering everything you need to know, from setup and safety concerns to injury prevention tips. You’ll hear my answers to the most frequently asked questions I receive about running on the treadmill, and how adding treadmill skills to your toolbox can make the difference between sticking with your plan and quitting on yourself.
Up and Running is officially open for registration! This is my beginners’ running class, giving you a step-by-step process to start running in the body you have right now safely and confidently. Click here for all the details.
If you could guarantee your success in training for a half marathon by doing just one thing, would you do it? Well, I have just the thing and it’s called Run Your Best Life. This is the training program where you’ll have multiple coaches, a fantastic community, and endless resources to support you along the way. Run Your Best Life is now open to all women who want to get running, so hop on in!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why learning to master the treadmill is a great skill to have in your running toolbox.
- The basics of running on a treadmill.
- Why running on the treadmill is not an inherently boring experience.
- Some safety concerns to keep in mind about running on a treadmill.
- The most frequently asked questions I receive about the treadmill and my answers.
- Why the elliptical is not a substitute for running.
- How learning to use the treadmill can be the difference between sticking with your plan or quitting.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Garmin Foot Pod
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!