The treadmill. Whether you love it or absolutely dread it, we’re diving into everything you need to know to feel confident on it and have it become another weapon in your arsenal when it comes to running. I truly believe there are so many benefits to mastering the treadmill, and I’m sharing all my best tips and tricks to help you get going today.
If you have a race on the horizon and don’t use the treadmill, I invite you to start considering it as a backup plan. There are so many factors that mean we can’t always get outside to train. Whether it’s the weather or the obstacles that come with traveling, the treadmill can be an awesome tool to help you become a better runner. Don’t believe me? Stick with me and I promise you’ll see why.
Tune in this week as I share everything you need to know to master the treadmill. I’m guiding you through the safety precautions available to you if you currently feel super nervous about trying it out, and I’m also addressing some of the most frequently asked questions, from how to stop feeling bored on it to lightening your stride and simulating an outdoor running experience.
If you enjoy listening to this show, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s a 30-day online program that will teach you exactly how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you’ve always wanted to be. If you want 2021 to be your year to become a runner, come join us and I can’t wait to meet you in there!
If you’re just starting out on your running journey or getting back into it after some time off, I want you to sign up for my free 30-day Running Start Kit. Just click here to sign up, and make sure to share it with anyone else who could use it!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why I think you should learn how to master the treadmill.
- The basics you need to know for treadmill running.
- 2 treadmill safety guidelines you should always follow if you’re nervous.
- Why you might feel unsteady on the treadmill.
- What you definitely should not do on the treadmill.
- My answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about treadmills.
- How you can simulate an outdoor running experience on the treadmill.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Garmin foot pod
- Nike foot pod
- Peloton tread
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!