The term “fat-shaming” has been a pretty big topic and catchphrase for a while now. You can barely scroll halfway down Instagram without seeing it or hearing about it. And if you’ve been fat-shamed in your life, you know it’s not exactly the best feeling.
I wasn’t entirely sure how to approach this topic because it’s a pretty heavy subject, and my opinion might not be a super popular one, but if I can just influence a couple people to think differently, I will have done my job. I’m diving into what fat-shaming is and is not, and my thoughts on the term itself and why I choose not to use it.
Tune in for a slightly heavier topic on the podcast this week but one that can change your life and give you so much freedom if you choose to let it!
You all know about the Rebel Runner Unleashed race-cations, but it’s not all about the race. It is a four-month personal development program that will help you transform into a badass superhero with a race to celebrate with at the end. If you want to transform your life and achieve a massive goal, go fill out an application now!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- What fat-shaming is and isn’t.
- Why I care so much about correctly labeling fat-shaming.
- What creates shame.
- Why I don’t like to use the term fat-shaming.
- How to live in a world without fat-shaming.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #38: Junk Food & Garbage Thoughts with Corinne Crabtree
- Losing 100 Pounds Podcast
- Ep #33: How to Coach Yourself
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!