Rebels, I am speaking with an incredible woman today on the show, Betsy Hartley! If you don’t already know who she is, Betsy has an amazing story of personal triumph to share, so prepare to be inspired.
Betsy was diagnosed as morbidly obese and with type two diabetes at the age of 30. By the early 2000s, she weighed close to 400 pounds. In 2011, she made the decision to change her life and reclaim her health and she’s sharing her story with us on the show today. Betsy tells us about how she got into ultrarunning, how she ultimately reversed her type two diabetes, and the work she’s doing now to spread what she learned on her journey.
Tune in to catch a super inspiring chat I had with an unbelievable woman! I definitely had a fangirl moment and I know you’re all going to love her as much as I do!Type two diabetes does not have to be something you necessarily live with the rest of your life and it doesn't have to be a death sentence. - Betsy Hartley Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Betsy’s organizing principle and focal goal from the start.
- How Betsy reversed her type two diabetes.
- What motivated Betsy to change her lifestyle.
- How Betsy got into ultrarunning.
- Why Betsy enjoys running at the back of the pack.
- Betsy’s mindset around her injuries.
- How she trained for her 100-miler and what she had to be prepared for.
- What recovery was like after the 100-miler.
- Why Betsy is passionate about sharing her message around pre-diabetes.
- One piece of advice Betsy has for anyone wanting to make a change.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Betsy’s blog
- Mountain Lakes 100
- Novo Veritas : Website | Facebook | Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!