My guest on the podcast this week is the one and only Jennifer Lamplough! I’m sure you all already know who she is, and since she hasn’t been on the show in a while, we thought this was a great opportunity for us to catch up and talk about a topic we both feel incredibly passionate about and that we know is important to address.
If you’ve ever felt ashamed about your weight, whether you’re overweight, underweight, or because you’ve gained weight over the course of the pandemic as many people have, you need this episode. So many women don’t go after what they want or take the best course of action to look after themselves because of the shame that engulfs them when they think about their bodies. And Rebels, it’s time to retrain your brain so you can feel confident no matter what size you may be.
Listen in this week as Jennifer and I have a frank discussion about why fat-shaming can’t actually make you feel bad, why the fear of it keeps people from going after their dreams, and what to do if you have health concerns and your doctor blames them on your weight. We don’t recognize that the option to feel amazing about ourselves is possible without having to lose weight first, and we’re sharing our favorite hacks that have worked wonders for us in unwinding unhelpful thought patterns.
The next class of The Rebel Runner Roadmap is open for enrollment! Class starts January 18th and you have until the 17th to get registered. If you want 2021 to be your year to become a runner, come join us and I can’t wait to meet you in there!
If you’re just starting out on your running journey or getting back into it after some time off, I want you to sign up for my free 30-day Running Start Kit. Just click here to sign up, and make sure to share it with anyone else who could use it!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why no one can make you feel ashamed of your weight.
- How the fear of fat-shaming keeps people from going after what they want.
- Why you don’t have to let your doctor’s opinions negatively affect you.
- What you need to do if your doctor blames your health concerns on your weight.
- Why we don’t recognize that we have the option to feel confident and entitled to our opinions.
- How the fear of other people’s opinions has nothing to do with your actual weight.
- One hack that has been so effective in retraining my brain.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #72: The Truth About Fat-Shaming
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!