Welcome to the very first episode of The Not Your Average Runner Podcast! I’m Jill Angie and I will be your guide through this wonderful journey of getting started running, learning how to stick with it, and… maybe even falling in love with it!
If you’ve ever called yourself plus size, curvy, fat, over-weight, chunky, voluptuous or maybe even Rubenesque, this is the running podcast for you. If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to be athletic for just once in your freaking life, this is the running podcast for you. If you’ve ever thought that you’re too old, too overweight, too… whatever, this is the running podcast for you!
On this first episode, I introduce myself and my personal journey as a runner who doesn’t look like everyone else at the starting line. I walk you through how this podcast is going to work for you and what you can expect from our time together.
So grab your earbuds, get ready to kick that inner mean girl to the curb, and begin running like the amazing woman that you are.
If you want to get a leg up on getting started with running, make sure to download my free Jump-Start Guide. It includes your first week of workouts along with my top tips to help you get started.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- My personal story and my experience with running.
- Who this podcast is for and who I coach.
- What you can expect from this show.
- My new favorite brand of running socks.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Not Your Average Runner: Why You’re Not Too Fat to Run and the Skinny on How to Start Today by Jill Angie
- Not Your Average 5K: A Practical 8-Week Training Plan for Beginning Runners by Jill Angie
- Not Your Average Half Marathon: A Practical Training Plan for Beginning Runners by Jill Angie
- Balega Blister Resist Quarter Athletic Running Socks
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!