I recently reached out to my clients to find out what they’re struggling with right now, and there’s an overwhelming sense that many people are just not feeling like running. Whether it’s COVID interfering with our lives, the lack of races, or if you live in the Northern hemisphere, the cold weather and lack of sunlight, I’m with you, and we’re digging into it today.
Feeling “meh” or what I like to call the “mystery blues” happens to all of us. Even I have days where I’m completely uninterested and unmotivated to get out there and run. You might have had a few great days in a row and suddenly wake up one morning feeling terrible, your brain throwing a temper tantrum, and feel worried that all your progress has gone out the window, but Rebels, nothing has gone wrong here.
Tune in this week as I show you why feeling the mystery blues is not a problem. We all have days where we feel lucky to muster up the energy to take a shower let alone go out and run, and other days, you’ll feel ready to slay the world. I’m inviting you to see how nothing has gone horribly amiss if you’re having a meh day, and how to start tapping into love and compassion for yourself when it does happen.
If you enjoy listening to this show, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s a 30-day online program that will teach you exactly how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you’ve always wanted to be. If you want 2021 to be your year to become a runner, come join us and I can’t wait to meet you in there!
If you’re just starting out on your running journey or getting back into it after some time off, I want you to sign up for my free 30-day Running Start Kit. Just click here to sign up, and make sure to share it with anyone else who could use it!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What I mean by the “mystery blues.”
- Why feeling this way is not a problem.
- The one thing that makes feeling “meh” worse than it has to be.
- What you can do when you wake up feeling “meh.”
- The questions I’m inviting to you ask yourself to channel love for yourself when you’re in this state.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Something’s Gotta Give – movie
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!