We’re just getting our first snowfall here in Philly and so it’s time to talk about winter running. I’m addressing two factors to think about when it comes to running in cold, snowy conditions so you’ll be ready to go out on your runs as planned.
The right kind of gear is super important during this time of year, so I’ve got everything covered in this episode that will help keep you comfortable. Of course, our natural instinct when it’s cold is to want to stay in bed and not go out, and you might already guess what’s coming – it’s just your thoughts – so I’m sharing some thoughts you can try that might help you feel motivated to get out there.
Join me this week as I cover everything to do with winter running. I’m giving you the lowdown on everything from gear, knowing when it’s best to go out or stay in and run on a treadmill, to illness and whether it’s safe to do your runs when feeling under the weather!Part of winter running is knowing when it makes sense to come inside and do a treadmill run. Click To Tweet
We’ve just added another race to the Rebel Runner Unleashed program, and that is the Savannah Rock ‘n’ Rock race series in November next year! If you want to be there with us, sign up for a quick consultation call with my team to learn more!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How to dress comfortably for winter running.
- How I dress differently depending on how cold it is outside.
- Why convertible gloves are key.
- My solution to cold air hurting my lungs while I run.
- The time of day that’s extra important for you to be wearing gear that makes you visible.
- My thoughts on running when you’re feeling under the weather.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Skirt Sports (Use code NYAR20 for 20% off your order!)
- Body Glide
- Convertible gloves
- Fleece headband
- Neck gaiter
- Noxgear vest
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Facebook North Pole marathon video
- Facebook Antarctica marathon video
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!