I got some news this morning that spun me out in a tornado of emotions; anger, sadness, disappointment, shame, you name it, I felt it all. As I’m recording this episode, I’m a few days out from the Philadelphia Marathon and I was having a lot of drama about it, and I’m here today to share how I processed it, to show you the true power of your brain.
We all have moments where our worries about a certain circumstance feel so true, and it’s hard to see that it’s actually our thoughts at play. This was me today, in a flurry of worry, and I had to remind myself of the work I share with you guys all the time, that your thoughts create your feelings.
So on this episode, I’m discussing the key differences between worrying and planning, and how indulging in worry will never get you to your goals. If you have an event coming up that you’re particularly stressed out about, this episode is for you, and I hope what I’m sharing with you today gives you a new perspective.
The doors to The Rebel Runner Roadmap are open for enrollment! It’s a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there.
We are giving the first people who sign up three extra bonuses, so you definitely want to get in quick. Check it out here and I can’t wait to see you in there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The situation that got me in a tailspin of emotions today.
- What I always do whenever I’m spinning in drama.
- The mantra I’m going to use to keep myself feeling confident and determined during the marathon.
- How the news I got today has actually made me more ready for marathon day.
- The realizations I had as I was worrying about my circumstances.
- How worrying and planning are different.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!