You guys, I just did my longest training run ever the other day. 20 miles. I have truly experienced probably the biggest transformation of my life now that I’m on the other side and I couldn’t be more proud of myself. I feel like I can do whatever I want going forward, and this is something I want for you too.
I’m sharing my experience of this run with you today, and some of the key mental shifts I had to prepare in advance to make this run as easy as possible. Mental drama and suffering start popping up when we experience the physical discomfort of long runs, and I was not about to let that make me quit.
Tune in this week to discover how you can start making mental plans for your long runs, and why challenging your limits is so necessary to grow in your capabilities. I’m sharing some mantras I use everywhere in my life, from running to managing my own business, that have transformed the way I feel about doing hard things, and I know it’s going to be so useful for you to implement these in your life too.
I have a super exciting new program coming out later this month! It’s called The Rebel Runner Roadmap and it’s a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there.
We are giving the first people who sign up four extra bonuses, so you definitely want to be on the waitlist to be notified when we open up the doors. Check it out here and I can’t wait to see you in there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How my brain was failing in advance before I went on my 20-mile run.
- The mental shifts I made for my 20-mile run.
- Why self-coaching requires continual effort and attention.
- The negative thoughts I catch myself thinking while I’m running.
- How your mental growth happens when you’re challenging your limits.
- The mantra I use both in my business and in running.
- Why you need to make a mental plan for your long runs.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #114: Long-Distance Running Without Losing Your Shit
- Ep #117: Stop Saying You Can Do Hard Things
- Garmin Forerunner 245
- Garmin Forerunner 245 Music
- The Life Coach School Podcast
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!