With summer rolling around and races happening in person again, I thought this would be the perfect time to dive into all things 5K training. So this week, I’m bringing you the first episode of a two-part series all about getting you ready, and we’re focusing on harnessing the right mindset and on picking a training plan that works for you.
If you’ve started running but haven’t participated in a 5K yet, this is going to be the perfect series for you to tune into. I have people asking me all the time how to know if they’re ready, or if a 5K is something they should even be doing, and if you’re in this camp too, don’t worry because I’m addressing all of it.
Listen in this week to discover whether you’re ready for your first 5K! I’m laying out the top three worst-case scenarios people believe that stop them from even trying, and my tips on what to consider when you’re picking a training plan. And make sure to tune in next week where we’ll be getting into the nuts and bolts of 5K training!
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Class opens in August 2021, so click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How to know if a 5K is within your reach.
- The most commonly asked questions and fears people have about participating in a 5K.
- Why the true question is not whether you’re ready to complete a 5K.
- 3 worst-case scenarios that so many runners fear.
- The strategy I recommend you do and what I don’t recommend doing.
- What to consider when you’re picking a training plan.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- If you have topic suggestions for our next discussion, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #7: Run-Walk Like a Pro
- Ep #9: How to Shut Down Your Inner Mean Girl
- Ep #105: Feeling Self-Conscious about Doing Run/Walk Intervals
- Ep #150: Run/Walk Intervals: Not Just for Beginners
- Not Your Average 5K by Jill Angie
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!