Last week, we kicked off a two-part series all about getting you ready for your first 5K. We covered how to pick a training plan and how to cultivate the best mindset to set you up for success in part one, and today, we’re diving deep into the nuts and bolts of actually getting trained for your race!
If this is your first 5K, you’re probably feeling overwhelmed and nervous, but Rebels, as always, I got you. I’ve created a Master Checklist of everything you’ll want to keep in mind in the days leading up to your race and on race day, so you can leave your house that morning feeling full of excitement and confidence.
Join me this week as I share my best tips for following your training plan to the T, even when you don’t want to, the logistical aspects to consider as you get closer to race day, and my etiquette tips so you can run your own race and cross that finish line in high gear!
Click here to grab my Master Checklist for 5K training!
Rebels, I want you to help me celebrate 200 episodes of this podcast! I’m challenging you to run or walk a mile on June 10th (the day the 200th episode drops), take a picture of yourself with a sign saying you’re celebrating 200 episodes of the podcast, and then post it on Instagram with #NYAR200! I’ll be collecting all the pictures and putting them into a video to celebrate with you and all the other women who have become runners since we started this show!
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Class opens in August 2021, so click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- One of the most common reasons people don’t stick to their training plan.
- What to do when you inevitably don’t feel like following your plan.
- How to set yourself up for success.
- The logistical aspects to consider in the last week or two of your training.
- How to know what to eat and drink on race day and the days leading up to it.
- What to consider when you’re doing your research about the event.
- My race day etiquette tips.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- If you have topic suggestions for our next discussion, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #197: (Part 1) Are You Ready for Your First 5K?
- Download my Race Week Checklist!
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!