This week, I thought it would be fun to dive into some of the most common running mistakes that I see. These apply to all runners, new and experienced, and I hope that by addressing these mistakes, you’ll be able to stay motivated and injury and pain-free.
Many people overcomplicate running on top of a lot of misinformation out there. So if you feel overwhelmed by it all, or if you’ve been running for a while and you aren’t seeing any progress, what I’m discussing today will hopefully help you see how easy it truly can be to have a winning training routine that will get you to your long-term goals.
Tune in this week as I outline nine of the top running mistakes that I see across the board. By showing you what these look like, you’re going to be able to get started on the right foot if you’re a newbie, and it’ll be absolutely game-changing if you’ve been doing it a while and feeling stuck or unmotivated right now.
If you’re just starting out on your running journey or getting back into it after some time off, I want you to sign up for my free 30-day Running Start Kit. Just click here to sign up, and make sure to share it with anyone else who could use it!
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment …I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why you shouldn’t run every day.
- The importance of stretching after your workouts and stretching mistakes to avoid.
- Why you shouldn’t worry about your day-to-day progress.
- How to add in mileage when you’re training.
- The different factors that go into how your run feels.
- My number one mistake that I see most often.
- How to stay injury-free.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #33: How to Coach Yourself
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!